Saturday, February 18, 2006

Wonderful rainy cold day!

I went to Cedar Hill Enrichment Center today for a workshop called "Silence." It was a quiet workshop (lol) but incredibly powerful! Cedar Hill always helps me get back to who I really am. I walked the labyrinth. That is one of the most healing things I could do for myself right now. Oooh I just need to move there. I wish there was a way!

It was rainy and cold all day, and I never could get warm. Then I came home to a broken heater. So why do I feel so good? That's the rejuvination I always get after spending any time at Cedar Hill. Nothing can get to me now. Life rocks! It just does.

At the workshop, we basically sat in a circle (all rocking chairs and bunches of pillows and blankets) and surrounded a small table of candles and flowers. There were about 10 of us, so it was an intimate group. There was so much spiritual power in that little circle, and all we did was sit in our chairs and be silent. Every once in a while someone would speak, then more silence. It was incredible. I felt so close to everyone there. We were all in synch. I'd never met most of them, but we were family when we left. And we hardly talked! At one point we were separated altogether.

During my alone time, I went into the Sister's Chapel. It's a gazebo with a bench that runs all around the inside. It's like a dome-shaped room with lots of windows. The center is full of statues that represent the Feminine. The only one I recognized was Mother Mary. I spent an hour of total bliss in that little chapel! And alI I did was sit and be silent. The rain was perfect for today, especially in that little chapel. (And to think I prayed for a sunny day)

During our final gathering, the facilitator asked if there were any prayers to put in the circle. When it was my turn, I told them about my MS diagnosis. We all went into meditation for another twenty minutes, then we went home. That was the workshop, and man was it powerful! I am in awe right now. I feel so refreshed and back to ME!

The last time I went to Cedar Hill I learned that there was movement in waiting. It's true and it's never left me. This time I learned that there is movement in silence.

Be still and know that you are God also.

1 comment:

Christina K Brown said...

Hello!

I found you because someone found me...I thought I'd introduce myself and let you know thought we have two things in common:

I have MS, DX 10/03

and

I am a Christian.

There are lots of us that blog...nice to meet ya.

Christina

I keep a blog too, it is called My jourey with MS, imagine that. LOL