Friday, November 09, 2018

Drastic changes in my life

I know, I know. I have let this blog go. But it's worth saving. So much has happened since I was living in Decatur and working at the Peer Support and Wellness Center. Now I live in Atlanta, the West End, and I work part-time at the Georgia Mental Health Consumer Network. My responsibilities are to support Roz, the Statewide Coordinator of the Peer Support, Wellness, and Respite Centers in Georgia. I support her with the administrative duties that go with the job. I work primarily from home, which is also where Roz lives. Yes, we are roomies, along with 6 other people in this large, 8 bedroom house owned by Roz.

So you could say that my life has changed drastically. I don't even recognize it anymore, but I am loving the clean slate. My responsibilities take just a few hours every day, and then I am free to do whatever my heart desires. This is a far cry from working 24/7 at the Center and having a gazillion responsibilities. Truly, it was the best job ever, but my time is up. Multiple Sclerosis has spoken, and here I am. I believe my time was up regardless.

 Ten years is a good run! Everything changes. It's just part of life.


No comments: